Reopening Guide for YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach has a phased in plan for re-opening our fitness facilities in alignment with CDC, local health department and governmental guidelines. Our strategy is to start slow, ensure the comfort level of our members, and help you acclimate to the added safety guidelines and protocols. Over the upcoming weeks, our goal, is to then expand hours of operations, services and amenities to fit our member and participant needs.
|What Your Y is Doing||What We’re Asking of our Members|
|How to Plan Ahead for your Workout Time||Reserve your Workout Time|
|Hours of Operation||Questions & Answers|
What Your Y is Doing
- Health checks (What does a health check consist of?) will be conducted of every individual prior to entry into the facility. Please allow a few extra minutes for this process.
- Facility and room capacities are being limited to ensure proper physical distancing. Capacity is set based on approximately 1 person per 100 square feet which is over and above CDC guidelines. This will adjust over time. Resources are provided to our members to conveniently plan their workout without being impacted by our limited capacities. (How to Plan Ahead for your Workout Time below for resources and guidance.)
- Equipment and furniture has been re-arranged or removed to guide and enable physical distancing.
- Added Cleaning & Sanitization Protocols
- Increased cleaning frequency with a focus on sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- The pH7Q cleaning product you will see on the floor is a broad spectrum disinfectant cleaner that is EPA approved against human Coronavirus.
- Wellness floors have transitioned to microfiber towels (How should I clean equipment?) for members to use for equipment wipe down to ensure the highest cleaning and sanitation effectiveness.
What We’re Asking of our Members
- Please stay home if you’re experiencing any flu like symptoms.
- Wash your hands upon entry into the facility.
- Please wipe down your equipment with the provided spray bottle and microfiber towels before and after equipment use. Focus on high touch surfaces like handles, knobs and grips. Guidelines on how to clean equipment are provided.(How should I clean equipment?)
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Respect other members with 6ft physical distancing and the room capacity limits posted in each room.
- Please stop by the front desk to sign our new waiver. Electronic and hard copy options available.
How to Plan Ahead for your Workout Time
- Typical peak and low facility use times are posted online. Those members who have the schedule flexibility to come during typically lower volume times we ask that you please do so.
- Reserve your workout time. Walk ins are welcome, but some of our branches may make facility reservations for your workout time to ensure space. Reservations for lap swim and group exercise classes are required at all our locations.
- Bring your own water bottle and exercise towel. Bottle refill stations will remain open but drinking fountains will be closed.
Questions & Answers
What does the health check consist of?The health check will be very quick and can be done from your phone, but we do recommend leaving yourself just a few extra minutes for this added step. Before entry members will be asked the following questions and will also have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced a fever in the last 72 hours?
What will group exercise classes look like and when will they be available?
- Members must reserve their class spot up to 48 hours ahead of time.
- All group exercise classes will be held outdoors for the time being.
- Classes will be staged to physical distancing requirements.
- On-demand virtual group exercise options will remain available to our members while we phase back into our full group exercise schedule.
What can I expect to see for lap swim?
- Initially only one lap swimmer per lane will be permitted, or half lanes for individuals of the same household.
- Members must reserve their lap lane up to 48 hours ahead of time.
- Members must rinse off in the shower on the pool deck before getting in the pool. Locker rooms are closed for the time being.
- The Y will not be loaning out equipment such as kick boards, water weights or water toys. Please bring your own.
Why am I being asked to check-in and check-out when I come for my work out?The check-out step enables us to track exactly who is in our facility at all times and monitor our facility capacity.
What facility amenities will be available?As we phase in the re-opening of our facilities you can expect to see the following amenities available at each of our branch locations.
|Available Amenities:||Available Amenities:||Available Amenities:|
|Temporarily Closed:||Temporarily Closed:||Temporarily Closed:|
What will the hours of operation look like?Hours of operation will be limited at first to ensure proper implementation of our new protocols and will ramp up over time.
|Main Facility Hours:||Main Facility Hours::||Main Facility Hours::|
|M-F 6:00am-8:00pm||M-Th 5:30am-7:00pm||M-Th 8am-11am, 4pm-8pm|
|Sa 8:00am-5:30pm||Sa 7:00am-5:00pm||F 8am-11am, 5pm-7pm|
|Sa & Su closed|
|Pool Hours:||Pool Hours:||Pool Hours:|
|M-F 6am-7:30pm||M-F 6:30am-1:30pm||None initially|
|Reserve your lap lane|
|Reserve your lap lane|
How do I make a workout reservation?You may make a reservation for the fitness facility, lap swim or group exercise classes directly on each branch reservation page. You may also check real time branch capacity from the reservation page as well.
How should I clean equipment?
- Spray a generous amount of cleaning product on the microfiber towel. When cleaning the surface pads on equipment the cleaning product may be sprayed directly on the pad.
- Use the towel to wipe down all surfaces on the equipment with a focus on handles, knobs, grips and other high touch areas.
- Allow to air dry and re-hang the towel on the hook.
Cleaning and sanitation are high priority which is why we have transitioned to microfiber towels for our members to wipe down equipment before and after use. Microfiber is a superior material for wiping down surfaces because it picks up everything.
Doesn’t a multi-use microfiber towel used to wipe away sweat become germ-laden from all that sweat?
A spray bottle and towel equipment cleaning system prove to be a very effective method for sanitizing just-used exercise equipment surfaces because the towels are progressively absorbing sanitizing cleaning solution. In other words, they are continuously refreshed with the disinfectant so there is a concentrated amount of disinfectant that remains on the towel at all times killing germs. Towels are also changed out regularly by Y staff, and members may always request additional towels from the wellness staff.