Believing that our people deserve the best, the YMCA offers and exceptional benefit package. Our comprehensive benefits package determined by your employment status and tenure with our organization includes the following:
- Medical - Employees may choose between Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross medical plan options to meet their needs: both options provide comprehensive major medical coverage, prescription drug coverage, discounts for participating providers, and coverage of preventive services.
- Dental - Employees may choose between a dental HMO and a dental PPO. Our dental plan pays for usual and customary charges for most routine, preventive dental care.
- Vision - Our vision plan is a voluntary option that covers an eye exam and lenses annually and new frames every two years.
- Flexible Spending Account- This feature allows employees to save taxes on out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
- Life Insurance - The Y provides life insurance coverage of $20,000 for full-time employees. Supplemental life insurance may be purchased for the employee, spouse or dependent children. Long Term Disability - Employees will be provided with Long Term Disability insurance covering them after 90 days of a non-work related injury or illness with 60% of their pre-disability earnings, not to exceed $5,000 per month.
- Time Off - Employees begin accruing vacation leave and holiday leave from their very first day of employment and can use these hours immediately. Sick leave will begin accruing after three months of employment. Additionally 6 Holidays, 4 Floating Holidays, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave are also available to full time staff.
- Retirement Planning - After two years of continuous employment and 1000 hours of service in each year, employees are eligible for the YMCA retirement plan, which includes: Basic Plan—The Y contributes 8% of annual pay to a tax deferred account Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan – 403(b)—Employees can contribute up to the allowed maximum into Y Retirement Fund There is immediate vesting with both plans.
- Complimentary Use of YMCA Facilities Program Fees at Special Rates Ask anyone who works at the YMCA of Greater Long Beach and they will tell you, their job is so rewarding because it truly makes a difference in people's lives!